Thursday, March 15, 2007

Today was a bit of a weird day. But a good sort of weird. Started with truck that was loaded quite high driving down the street where I work and managing to get the overhanging telkom and eskom wiring caught in the load and ripping the pole out the ground sprawling it across the road. The thing about this incident is that ever since ive started working here I have parked in the same spot. Its become known by the locals that I park there. However today for the 1st time for some reason known to Allah only , I decided to make a u turn and park on the opposite side of the road. Had I parked in my usual spot today I would be without a car now, cos it would have had a huge pole stuck smack in the middle of it. The other amazing thing is that everyone around us had their power and phone lines cut. Only ours was working.

Anyway the day went on and there was obviously lots of activity in the area while they cleared up and got cracking getting the situation sorted out.(I swear municipal workers are the slowest, laziest people alive). At around 2:30, I was busy with a patient doing a filling. Im halfway through drilling when our power cuts. so the poor guy has to come in tomorrow to finish it off. The rest of the afternoon was spent roasting in the office rescheduling patients.

Then made my way to the gym. For the last two days my lock for the gym locker has been missing and I put it down to me misplacing it. Now I always generally use a locker with a number that has some significance so as not to forget where my stuff is (yes im getting old). So today I go for that magic locker 83(the year of my birth) but find its taken. So I use the one next to it , but I took a closer look at the lock on 83. it looked very familiar. So I waited till no one was looking(didn’t wana get chucked out for trying to steal) and tried my key. And what do you know…its my lock!! The locker was empty though. I swear I have no recollection of leaving it there. That is very scary. I feel like im losing my mind!

6 comments:

safiyyamk said...

if u ever walk into a telkom building all you ever notice is that no one NO-ONE is doing any kind of work there....

r said...

Its a conspiracy i tell ya.. CONSPIRACY!

hitman jones said...

hey safs funny that u mention telkom..Im currently having huge uphill with them. getting billed for 4 accounts. apparently according to them i live in 2 places. and the asswipes at the telkom office just say "houw soarry, we dont know what to do, eish"

r...im starting to beleive that it is..think i must cut some black fouls and maybe a couple of black cows..rid myself of the boogybars.

Saaleha Idrees Bamjee said...

hmmm, have you been seeing the same black cat with the white spot over and over again?

r said...

oh as for the municipal workers.. if i were getting paid a measly 2 grand a month, i wouldnt be too motiovated to work either..

safiyyamk said...

r- they not getting paid 2 grand a month, ull be surprised....