Saturday, February 17, 2007

LUCK

You get some people in life who are just blessed with good luck. I am definitely not one of these people.In fact my luck is so bad ive given it a name! "mo luck". At first i thought maybe it was just me seeing the negative in every situation but soon those around me started seeing it too. its kinda like in everything i do , if there is something that can go wrong it will , and this is just with day to day activities. There are those times periodically when a major stat dose of shit luck just slaps me in the face , almost warning me that it travels with me.
let me give an example to illustrate the magnitude of my rotten luck.

i studied in cape town where i lived with family for the duration of my studies. Being the cash strapped student that i was , i drove a beaten up yellow beetle, with semi bald tires and a petrol gauge that didn't work. The car didn't bother me at all. It got me from A to B, and i had alota fun times in it.

One one particular morning i was taking my cuz to school and in my family tradition we were late. So here i was gunning it trying to get her to school on time. As we round the corner the 1st bout of mo luck hits! there was a road block. Still not thinking much of it, playing it cool we approach the officer(cuz is now way late for school) and they decide that i must pull over. We go through the usual drivers license, car license story, then they start inspecting the car.

officer starts writing out the ticket(mo luck 2). R300 for bald tires, R300 for me not wearing a seat belt, R300 for cuz not wearing seat belt(the bloody car didn't have seat belts!!!!). so i start pleading with officer waving my student card, pleading porper , begging for some grace. after 10 mins of pleading got away with just R300.

Got on my way, got cuz to school(in time for her 2nd period), and was now on way to campus. mo luck 3 hits. i get stopped again at the roadblock, by the same officer for the same thing within 10mins.(is there anyone out there who can top that?) By now i didn't know why i was even going to campus i was so late. anyway pleaded with officer again showing him ticket i received 10mins ago(i swear traffic cops have IQ's below room temperature). he gave me a small lecture an let me go. phew!

well i guess we all cant be luck. the world needs balance. for those of you who are fortunate to have been blessed with favourable luck , enjoy it.


ps... i got stuck that same afternoon on my way home cos i ran out of petrol. a traffic officer gave me a lift to the petrol station and back to the car.

all in all....a really shitty day.

No comments: